Have you ever been addicted to Snake?
Now, with the help of a TensorFlow model called PoseNet, you can get a totally different experience with this classical game. That’s because:
You can now use your face to control the snake!
Have a try here: https://www.panchen.xyz/game/snake
- To the PoseNet team who makes the core feature of my face control snake game possible.
- To the unknown person who shares his / her snake game so that I could just modify the codes to make my game.
Based on my real high school life.
(Aside format test)
You will see “Location”, “Weather” and “Mood”.
I should work harder next semester!
Alibaba Cloud is currently housing my primary domain name – PanChen.xyz while I have made a decision to find a new home for it and it is called Gandi.net, a French company. And the transfer will happen on August 22.
– Why did I decide to move my domain name away from Alibaba Cloud to Gandi.net?
- Gandi.net provides a free domain name email service to all domains registered there. And I am enjoying this service with one of my domain name and the experience is great. And such a service is not provided by the majority of the registries (most of them charge money).
- The price of registering, renewing and transferring isn’t “cheap” at Gandi.net. But I renewed my PanChen.xyz for 10 years during a promotion with the total cost of around $20. So even the transferring costs $15 and only adds one year to my domain name’s registration period. It is still a great deal since I can enjoy what Gandi.net provides for its customer, particularly the free domain email, for at least 10 years once I transfer my domain to them.
3. Gandi.net is a French company and that means my personal information might be protected in a relatively better way.
– Why won’t I move PanChen.xyz until August 22?
Money matters! As I mentioned before, PanChen.xyz now has a ten-year registration period which also means that the registration period can not be extended according to the domain name’s policy (This policy, as I know, applies to many well-known TLDs, such as .com, .org, .net …). So I have to wait for August 22, when the registration period becomes 9 years so that after I pay Gandi.net the transfer fee, the registration period can be extended to 10 years again automatically.
CP is an elegant WordPress theme born in 2019, designed and developed by Pan Chen.
The main idea of designing CP is cleanness and customizability.
Cleanness means that this theme focuses on the display of words.
Customizability means that users can customize their website without modifying the codes with CP. For example, whether the layout of their website is Full-width or One-column is up to the user.
- Two layouts (Full width / One column) for choices.
- Breadcrumb. Better for SEO.
- Read progress Indicator.
- Social Links that support the most popular social platforms, such as Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin and Weibo.
- Fixed header.
- Dynamic description or Article title indicator. That is when you are reading one article, you will always see its title in the fixed header.
- Popout panel.
- Six widget areas.
- Multiple languages support. (Now only English and Chinese though)
- Aside format supported.
- Aside Archive (Start writing diaries online now!). Check here.
- Many more……
You can now modify the colors for the following components:
- Primary text color
- Secondary text color
- Link color
- Background color
- Popout Panel (background) color
- Theme color: the color of the address bar in Google Chrome Android and some other mobile browsers.
You can now decide:
- Whether to use Full Width or One Column design.
- Whether to make the header sticky or not. Please note that the progress indicator only works under a sticky header.
- Whether to display breadcrumbs or not.
- Whether to show the author meta.
- Whether to display Aside posts on pages other than Aside Archive or not.
Work to be done
- Enhance the customizability. Now users can only change the layout and colors. But in the future, the customizer should support many more, including, fix the header or not (Mostly Done)……
- Improve some elements (Done Partially).
- Design Archive page (Done).
- Add support for different article formats (Done).
- Make CP Gutenberg Ready
We test CP in the following browsers as we develop it:
- Google Chrome
- Microsoft Edge
- 2019-06-13: Fix the bug that with One Column layout, if no widget is used, there is still a reserved blank area for widgets.
- 2019-06-15: Set the limit for width. Better experience for visitors who are using a large screen.
- 2019-06-22: Improve the comments and the comment form. Redesigned CSS for ‘Strong’, ‘Em’ and ‘a’ elements.
- 2019-08-19: Functionize color customizability.
- 2019-08-22: Aside format supported.
- 2019-08-23: Aside Archive.
- 2019-08-24: Fixed Google Ad not showing in the popout panel.
- 2019-08-24: Fade In and Fade Out effects of popout panel.
This blog is proudly powered by this theme! Everything you see here is what CP looks like on your own website.
Keep improving!Pan Chen, maker of CP
This is a cover.
CP is open-sourced. You can get it from my GitHub: https://github.com/ChenPanXYZ/CP
Couldn’t believe that Gaokao, was something, that happened, two years ago.